Useful International resources:
Country and City Guides
Several sites providing statistics or information on countries and cities worldwide.
- City Guides – View information on cities worldwide
- LANIC – The Latin American Network Information Center, a website from the University of Texas at Austin
- World Atlas – View maps of different countries around the world
- World Cost of Living – View information on the Cost of Living worldwide
- World Fact Book – CIA website to view Country statistics & information
- World Travel Guide – View travel guidance information for countries worldwide
Country Calling Codes
Several sites providing information on how to call a number internationally:
Country Electric Guides
Guides for electric adapters and plugs used in different countries worldwide. Great resource for travelers.
Export Compliance Links
- Bureau of Industry & Security – U.S. Dept. of Commerce Government website giving up to date reports on requirements for export compliance, policies & regulations and Lists to Check before exporting to certain individuals and / or countries
- Export Administrative Regulations (EAR) – The Bureau of Export Administration, US Department of Commerce
- U.S. Census Bureau – FOREIGN TRADE is the official source for U.S. export and import statistics and responsible for issuing regulations governing the reporting of all export shipments from the United States. If you’re searching for import or export statistics, information on export regulations, commodity classifications, or a host of other trade related topics, this is the place to get the information you need.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection – Secures the homeland by preventing the illegal entry of people and goods while facilitating legitimate travel and trade.
Foreign Exchange Rates
Several sites providing information on current and past currency exchange rates
International Associations and Links
- FITA – The Federation of International Trade Associations
- ICC – International Chamber of Commerce
- International Trade Association – Government site that provides information on International Trade, and safeguards against unfair competition.
- Office of Foreign Assets Control – The Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions against targeted foreign countries, terrorism sponsoring organizations and international narcotics traffickers based on U.S. foreign policy and national security goals.
Language and Translation Sites
Several useful sites for word translation and definitions
- Business Spanish Vocabulary – How to speak and write business and conversational Spanish. Includes Vocabulary and Grammar skills.
- Google Language Translator – Translates to and from several languages.
- WordRefence.com – Online Dictionary that provides definitions, how word is used in sentence and conjugations.
Local Times Around the World
Several sites providing the current time in different cities worldwide.
- Bank Holidays of the World – Informs you of all the days worldwide when banks, schools, and stock exchanges are closed due to religious, major, and public events.
- Chinese Numbers Conversion site
- EventsEye – Trade Shows, Exhibitions, Conferences & Business Events Worldwide
- Metric System Conversion Calculator
- URL Country Code Endings