Blowers & Vacuum Systems with an Engineering Edge
Dorian Drake’s Industrial and Environmental Group is the sales and marketing representative of the Spencer Turbine brand of equipment in its markets.
Since 1892, The Spencer Turbine Company has specialized in innovative solutions for air and gas handling challenges. Today, Spencer continues as a worldwide leader in highly engineered products that meet the demands of the industrial, municipal, institutional, and commercial markets.
Spencer’s comprehensive product line includes single and multistage centrifugal blowers, gas boosters, central vacuum systems, mobile vacuum units, separators, regenerative blowers, electrical control panels, tubing and fittings, vacuum accessories and other related products. Products are available in standard models as well as in custom designs for specific requirements.
- Aeration Blowers
- Digester Gas Booster Systems
- Dissolved Oxygen Control Equipment
- Custom Electrical Control Panels
- Cast Multistage Centrifugal
- Blowers and Vacuum Producers
- Regenerative Blowers
- Single Stage Centrifugal Blowers and Vacuum Producers
- Special Regenerative Blowers
Why Spencer Turbine?
- Over a century of experience devoted to air and gas handling equipment.
- Respected worldwide for its quality products and value-added services.
- Spencer’s high-efficiency blowers reduce operating costs and provide quick payback on your investment.
System Design Services
Spencer’s authorized representatives, backed by the in-house engineering staff, evaluate your application and recommend an effective system based on processing volume, facility layout and future needs. They are also available during installation, start-up and operation.
Spencer’s in-house design and application engineers develop special air and gas handling equipment. We use custom aluminum, Monel®, Hastelloy®, stainless steel, brass, titanium, and other specialized metals.
Research and Testing
Laboratory Application studies, product development and testing programs are conducted by in-house professional engineers. More than a century of air and gas handling expertise has created a unique capability.
Repair and Maintenance
Spencer provides complete in-house and field service for all Spencer products. The service group is available for startup, maintenance, and customer personnel training to maintain and operate your Spencer equipment.
Spencer Customers Include
- Water and municipal wastewater treatment facilities that require continuous-duty aeration blowers
- Chemical and petrochemical plants where highly customized equipment is required to handle the processing of nasty gases
- Food processing plants that must quickly remove wet and dry spills around equipment
- Plants in the process industries where housekeeping using central vacuum systems with explosion proof safety features are vital to reducing the risk of combustible dust explosions
- Electronics and aerospace cleanrooms that need powerful vacuum systems to maintain required levels of cleanliness
- Public utilities requiring digester gas boosters to recover flammable gas for sale or use
- Hospitals and critical care facilities needing vacuum systems for general housecleaning, sanitizing systems, laser fume removal and waste anesthetic gas disposal from operating rooms
- Schools that want to reduce cost of intermittent duty vacuums and improve their indoor air quality with central vacuum systems
- Restaurants, office complexes, healthcare facilities and other buildings where available natural gas street pressures call for a gas booster to meet required pressure levels for boilers, heaters and ovens
- Carwashes, car rental agencies and detailing shops that need long-life, dependable, rugged vacuum cleaning power
- OEM manufacturers looking for reliable, customized air handling modules that suit their product parameters
Headquarters for the Spencer Turbine Company
The 200,000 sq. ft. headquarters for the Spencer Turbine Company is located in Windsor, Connecticut, United States and houses product design, development, testing and manufacturing departments as well as engineering offices.
Cast Multistage Centrifugal Blowers and Vacuum Producers
Power Mizer® blowers have rugged cast iron and cast aluminum components for heavy-duty service. They offer the first real improvements in blower technology in nearly 100 years, with uniquely shaped impellers and other advancements that achieve a peak adiabatic efficiency above 80%. Range of models to 35,000 ICFM (59465 m3/hr), 28 PSIG (193 kPa), 19″ Hg (6564 mm H2O) vacuum.
Vortex® single stage regenerative blowers are ideal for compact installation to deliver clean, oil-free air. Quiet, pulsation-free, low maintenance operation with up to 645 SCFM (1096 m3/hr) volume, 3.9 PSIG (27 kPa) pressure, 7.6″ Hg (2621 mm H2O) vacuum. Standard models equipped with UL Listed, CSA approved and CE compliant, TEFC motors.
Special Regenerative Blowers
Spencer Vortex® regenerative blowers are available as customized units. Blowers can be modified for special applications requiring different surface treatments including Teflon® coatings, anodizing, white epoxy paint, stainless steel paint and custom paint colors. Bases can be fabricated from stainless steel and drilled with inspection ports. Special motors include explosion-proof, premium efficiency and chem duty.
Digester Gas Booster Skid Packages
Custom designed systems to move digester gas and raise its pressure to desired levels. Spencer packages are pre-piped, prewired and packaged with all system accessories on a compact skid. To deal with corrosive gases, the system is equipped with a multistage hermetically sealed gas booster featuring a stainless steel housing, anodized aluminum impellers and an Inconel electrical connector.
Single Stage Centrifugal Blowers and Vacuum Producers
Used in OEM air handling equipment and in plant and process applications requiring uniform airflow, either pressure or vacuum, over an entire volume range. Typical uses: pneumatic conveying, exhausting, combustion air delivery, ventilation, materials handling, air curtains, drying. Volumes to 50,000 SCFM (84950 m3/hr), pressure to 3.5 PSIG (24 kPa).
Custom Electrical Control Panels
Spencerʼs in-house engineering design and manufacturing capabilities offer custom control panels equipped with microprocessors, PLCs, data acquisition instruments, remote process controls, and multiple blower sequencers. These all can be tied to SCADA Systems for central control. UL and CUL Listed are available.
For more information, speak to a Spencer Turbine authorized representative from Dorian Drake International.
For additional information contact us.
Manufacturer Website: www.spencerturbine.com